I have surveyed midlifers and there are two main things they seem to be concerned about: Money and Stress.
Specifically, they want to make more money and reduce their stress.
The two are connected; however, there are a lot of things that can cause stress – money being one of them. This page will be devoted to the topic of making money. Stress reduction is covered in another area of this site.
Probably the main reason midlifers are concerned about money is because they know that in order to retire, they will need a nest egg – a substantial one – and many midlifers are far from having a nest egg. In fact so many Americans are in debt, it's unlikely they will ever retire. Ugh! Seriously? In the Land of Opportunity? Something is wrong here. The economy sucks and too many people are looking for work instead of opportunity.
One of the problems of creating an additional source of income is lack of time. Our society at this time doesn't relish the idea of working two jobs to make ends meet let alone building the nest egg. So what are our options to make more money when jobs are scarce anyway and we don't have much time? You could start a medical billing business or sell stuff on ebay, but what do you REALLY want to do?
My Solution: Start an online business.
Before you say, "What?" Read this:
5 Reasons to Start an Online Business
1) You can mix your passion with the internet and make a lot of extra money. This is the Information Age. Those who want to make money will need to tap into this trend. People want information and they are all over the internet seeking it out. You most likely have a passion, interest and knowledge that the world needs. We all need each other in some way, so you can take your passion and offer your solutions to the world by sharing your passion.
2) You can work it part-time on your own time. If you are working a full-time job, you can start a part-time business and work it in the evenings or on the weekends. Imagine you are going back to school to get a degree. It would cost you a lot of time and money; however, you can obtain skills on the internet for far less than going back for your MBA. I guarantee that technology training is highly available online and if you stay focused, you can develop some very marketable skills.
3) It's a relatively inexpensive way to have a business. Most brick and mortar businesses cost a small fortune where you'd have to take out a loan. Not so in the online world. You basically need a passion, some computer skills and the willingness to learn and you can create a business for a fraction of the cost of a traditional one. Don't get me wrong, you will have to invest some money in learning; however, apply yourself and you will develop a set of skills that will bring you your retirement.
4) You have control over what you offer, market or sell. You can sell other people's products at first, known as Affiliate Marketing. You can create your own products. You can write a book. You can develop several sources of income once you understand what you have to offer and what other people need and are looking for.
5) It's really challenging and fun. You will be intellectually stimulated for sure and be amazed at what you can accomplish with a little effort. I helped a girlfriend create her own website on WordPress so she could begin marketing her passion: Teaching people how to Wake up to Their Worth. She is a meditation practitioner and expert and wants to share her knowledge with the world. She has many plans on how to monetize her website. She is a perfect example of someone in midlife who wants to make money but use her passion and skills the best way she can.
Let's take a better view of Retirement
Here are a few ways you can make money, part-time, using the internet, your gifts and talents:
Create your own Inbox Empire.
MaryEllen Tribby's genius system teaches you how to publish your own online magazine, monetize it and Double Your Paycheck! Click the link below to get her Free Report!
Did you know that health and nutrition are some of the hottest products being sought after on the internet? I am marketing two online.
These are some of THE most awesome products on the market. If you want to work with me and learn how to market these products online, please contact me after reviewing some of the products on the linked websites above.
If you have your own Direct Sales business you are pursuing and you're looking for marketing help, assistance, training, tutorials and a jump-start marketing effort for your DS business, consider joining Ann Sieg's Renegade Team. Ann offers the Daily Marketing Coach to anyone interested in furthering their reach through the internet.
Click Here: Daily Marketing Coach
At this point in your life (midlife), you have most likely developed areas of expertise either through osmosis or life experience. Don't cut yourself short. Find your passion and get started building your dream retirement now!
And don't forget to sign up for my Free Report at the upper right hand of this page! More Money and less Stress – coming your way!